Sunday, January 4, 2009

My iPod isn't totally dead!

Some good news.

My iPod still works... but the backlight is broken. I washed it in the washing machine with some clothes. Silly me.

Yesterday night was tough for me. I went to worship team practice with a happy heart, I was going to use Matt's amp and effects pedals because I sent my amp up to Redding with Jenna and Ian, along with the power supply for my PodXTLive (on accident). I left feeling stressed and frustrated and like I didn't want to lead worship in the morning.

I'm kinda one of those people who likes to do his own thing on electric guitar, unless of course there is a general theme or certain riff that makes the song that particular song, and if there is, I do my best to learn it and replicate it and add to the sound of the worship being offered. I guess I like being free to do whatever. But during practice, I didn't feel like I was going to be able to worship with that freedom do what I wanted. The leader kept asking me, "Can you do this?" and "Can you do that?" I assured him a few times that I could and replicated what he wanted, but to me it just didn't fit... maybe I should have said something, but I didn't.

And then came today. And the amp quit working during a couple songs in the first service, in the songs that I was frustrated with. So I got to forget all of my frustrations and just continue to worship with my voice. During the second service I used Brandon's amp, which worked through the whole service, and all those frustrations that I didn't have to deal with in the first service, were lifted and I was able to worship with my guitar during those songs.

God has a way of coming through in all situations, in all our frustrations, and in all our worries.



And sometimes when we least expect it.

No comments:

Post a Comment